To support the expanding research activities on manufacturing process simulation and design of composite materials and components, Cenaero is currently looking for a Senior Composite structures & processes Research Engineer (F/M).
You will be responsible for developments in collaborative and industrial projects and will bring innovative solutions through collaboration with colleagues in high performance composite applications as well as numerical and software development activities. Your will also have to opportunity to oversee some of these projects and interact with partners of the academic and industrial fields. Your skills in the field of computational mechanics and simulation will contribute to developments at the intersection of physics-based simulation and machine learning to push the limits of real-world system modeling
Your objectives will include the development of activities with key aerospace and technological companies to extend the range of projects and solutions brought by Cenaero to tomorrow’s digital industrial landscape and more sustainable high-performance materials.
Candidates should have the following qualifications:
- PhD in engineering or demonstrated equivalent experience
- Advanced knowledge in multi-physics modeling and simulation for solid mechanics (FEA)
- Finite element analysis of laminated structures
- Non-linear mechanics, contact, failure criteria, CHT,…
- Strong background in the field of composite materials and processes for high performance applications
- Long fiber reinforced (UD, woven,…) composites
- Infusion, injection, and automated manufacturing processes
- Experience in the field of machine learning, optimization and design space exploration is a plus
- Eager to work in an applied research environment, using skills and teamwork to solve challenging objectives in the numerical field
- Curious to learn new trends in numerical simulation & apply them to industrial projects in a solution-oriented approach
- Quality oriented with a good capability to manage projects and meet deadlines
- Good communication skills (written and spoken).
- Be fluent in English and in French.
- Be a team player and have a proactive attitude.
Cenaero offers a position in growing and leading technological sectors, a direct relationship with their business actors and technical experts, a competitive salary package and a stimulating and dynamic work environment.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, quoting reference number of the offer, and a resume to rh [atw] cenaero [dotv]be