To support the expanding research activities focusing on AI, we are looking for a senior research engineer/scientist in machine/deep learning (M/F) and offer a permanent contract (CDI) within our team in Belgium.
The candidate will participate in cutting edge research in machine learning and artificial intelligence and develop solutions for real-world applications. In this position, the candidate will work in close collaboration with scientific software developers and research engineers in various fields (Aerospace, Manufacturing, Energy, Buildings, …), with a direct connection to industrial needs and cases. The candidate is expected to both adequately exploit existing (open source) software tools and develop new tools and methods to reach the objectives. He/she will be part in the full development cycle, from design and coding to testing and documentation.
- PhD in Applied Mathematics, Data Science, Engineering, Computer Science, or demonstrated equivalent experience
- Minimum 3 years of hands-on experience developing Machine Learning technology, including neural networks architecture, algorithms, models, training, optimization
- Experience with at least one major deep learning framework (TensorFlow, PyTorch, MxNet, …)
- Good knowledge of deep learning theory (CNNs, RNNs, LSTMs, …)
- Strong programming skills (Python, C++, ...)
- Excellent analytical skills and solution-oriented thinking capabilities
- Proven ability to work both independently and in interdisciplinary team/project-based environment
- Good analytical and communication skills (written and spoken)
- Fluent in French and in English
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, quoting reference number of the offer, and a resume to rh [atw] cenaero [dotv]be