BELGIUM Senior Research Engineer numerical simulations Turbomachinery aerodynamics and optimization
Cenaero is an applied research center that provides numerical simulation methods and tools to companies involved in a
technology innovation process, allowing to invent and design more competitive products. Our ambition is to be
internationally recognized as a technology leader in modeling and numerical simulation, to be a strategic partner of large
global industries as well as a real support to regional companies including innovative SME. Having a solid and
recognized experience in numerical simulations and the development of methodologies and tools for turbomachinery
applications, Cenaero is since 2007 official R&D partner of the Safran group.
Cenaero operates a Tier-1 supercomputing infrastructure and has experimental facilities in composite manufacturing and
prototyping. Our headquarters are located in Gosselies (Belgium), with a subsidiary office in near Paris (France).
In order to support the expanding research activities focussing on turbomachinery aerodynamics and design
optimization, we are looking for a research engineer (M/F) and offer a permanent contract (CDI).
Within the Turbomachinery Multiphysics Simulation and Design team we are working on a daily basis on challenging
projects with our clients and research partners. These projects are often integrated in a multi/pluridisciplinary optimization
context that relies on a strong CFD-centric expertise, involving aerodynamic, aeroacoustic, aeroelastic, aeromechanical
and aerothermal analyses. Passion drives us; boldness moves us forward to ambitious projects. Scientific rigor and
intellectual curiosity fuel our quest for high-quality work.
Your expertise and skills will allow you to contribute to turbomachinery optimization projects and to further develop the
design methodologies. You will be responsible for the technical progress as well as for the project management, in order
to meet our clients’ expectations and in line with our Quality Management System (EN9100).
We are looking for a candidate with:
• an engineering master degree (or equivalent) in aerodynamics or fluid mechanics
• a PhD degree as a valuable asset
• a working experience (industrial or academic) of at least 4 years in the turbomachinery community
• a solid background in applied mathematics and numerical methods for Computation Fluid Dynamics
• a strong affinity with turbomachinery design and an interest in optimization and data mining techniques
• acoustics expertise would be a real asset
• a proficiency in object-oriented programming and shell scripting
• excellent analytical skills and solution-oriented thinking capabilities
• autonomous working skills with an aptitude for team work
• a fluency in French and English
By joining Cenaero, you’ll have the opportunity to take part in the developments of a sector in full expansion, in direct
contact with the experts and its economic actors. Cenaero offers you a competitive salary and the opportunity to develop
yourself in a dynamic and stimulating environment. We believe our co-workers are the source of our success. We care
for the personal development of our collaborators and seek to make them harmoniously progress.
Motivated candidates are invited to send their CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and to mention the job offer