Cenaero, in collaboration with ULg and UCL, will organize a mini-symposium @ ACOMEN 2011 on "Simulation for building applications"
[10/02/2011]The 5th International Conference on Advanced COmputational Methods in ENgineering (ACOMEN) will be held in Liège, Belgium, from 14th November till 17th November 2011 (http://www.ltas.ulg.ac.be/acomen2011/index.htm).
During this conference, Cenaero, in close collaboration with ULg (LEMA) and UCL (Architecture et Climat), will propose a mini-symposium within the frame of the SIMBA project, which is entitled: “Simulation for Building Applications”. The objective of this mini-symposium is to compare both CFD-based simulations and zonal models with experiments on the following topics:
- Monitoring of energy consumption in building
- Aero-thermal comfort in building
- Pedestrian comfort in urban area
- Pollutant dispersion in urban area and industrial zones
- Fire-case simulations and smoke dispersion
- Fluid structure interaction for civil engineering structure dimensioning
- HVAC and envelop design and optimization
- Guidelines for a rational use of CFD-based and zonal models in building applications
- CFD-based and zonal models benchmarking
- Wind engineering and wind turbines
The abstract submission deadline is set on 15th April 2011.
For any questions regarding this topic or the SIMBA project, please do not hesitate to contact us (cecile.goffaux AT cenaero.be) and visit the project website www.project-simba.eu.